Famous Saigon street food that you must try Three coffee shops in Saigon for photoholics Interesting workshops in Saigon Currently, in a meeting with a Canadian friend I knew on Couchsurfing in Saigon, he asked me that what was my most favorable thing in Vietnam. I said that this should be my question for him. He replied that he fascinated about the flora and nature in Canada, and how about…
Currently, in a meeting with a Canadian friend I knew on Couchsurfing in Saigon, he asked me that what was my most favorable thing in Vietnam. I said that this should be my question for him.
He replied that he fascinated about the flora and nature in Canada, and how about me with Vietnam. It took me some time to think and answer that I was interested in the landscapes in Vietnam.
Similarly, I would like to ask what do you like the most in Saigon – the place that you was born and grow up or work with for a time long enough to be familiar with this city?
Normally, people have almost nothing to say when being asked about the place that they are too familiar to. However, if you think twice and have some time to recall something from the pass, you will find so many things to talk about.
There are also many drawbacks in this city which we have to admitted and have no way to escape from including the busy space all the time, the crowded street regardless of time, streets full of dirt and smoke, continuous traffic jam and many roads in really bad conditions in the city center and some sections is terrible with rubbishes as well as the polluted watercourses that make people hold their breaths when passing through.
The evils including robbery and cheating are popular in the city. Nevertheless, Saigon still possesses a lot of things to love and be interested in. I don’t know which thing that I like the most in Saigon, but there are quite a lot of favorable things in this city that make me love it so much.
1. I love Saigon for its natural landscapes with the rivers, the watercourses and a thousands of bridges crossing them. If you have time, let’s get the experience of walking with your bike through the bridges and standing there to look down to the river with current of water flowing gently and boats travelling.
In a distance, there are houses of different height surrounding. You will also see the roads, the rows of trees and the vehicles traveling in the likely endless lines.
2. I like Saigon for the temples there. There are a countless number of temples and pagodas in this city. You can find temples in all 24 districts of Saigon. The temples include both old and new with various architectures, scales, worshipping targets, atmosphere and landscapes.
Although in some temples, many trading activities are still taken place in a bustle way, admiring the landscapes inside the temples remains a way to relief your burdens and learn more about the life to feel relax in the mind.
3. I’d love to wander around in district 1 which is the gathering place of many popular tourist attraction of the city including Notre Dame Cathedral, Independence Palace, City Post Office, the people’s Committee, the Opera, and also the area with a large number of large and famous restaurants and hotels.
I am interested not in the prosperous and luxury beauty but in the appearance of the visitors coming here, the street vendors, the shoe polishing boys. I look at them with their facial expressions to guess who they are and what they are thinking.
4. I love the airy and green space at the parks where I can always see people, especially the young. The parks in Saigon are the public places for people to come to do exercise, play some games like badminton, shuttle cock kicking and so on.
A great thing is that many parks are equipped with exercise equipment that facilitate the local people. Parks in Saigon are also the destinations for people to come for sightseeing and having some fast food and coffee that have become the unique culture of Saigon.
Parks are also the gathering places for youngsters to learn to dance, to learn to play guitar, painting, taking photos or to study and so on.
5. I love Saigon for its remote outskirt areas with the totally different life from the city center. The distance is just a river, a bridge, a lot of land or a watercourse between the two different worlds. In one side, it is the busy and luxury life in the center and one side is the simple and rustic but intimate space of the locals in the outskirts.
6. Saigon is attractive for me for the street vendors who can provide all the things from fruits, candies, cakes, clothes, books, to phone cases, toys for children. They are the part to make this city attractive with its diverse and unique culture.
7. I am interested in Saigon as it is easy to find and buy any consumer goods, housewares, electronic products and so on at appropriate price if not to say cheap with good quality. A lot of places for shopping in Saigonlike super markets or markets are opened all the time where you can find anything that you are in need of or just come for window shopping and updating with new trends on the market.
8. I also love the city by night when the lights are on. Saigon is sparkling at all corners. At that time, the most evident feeling in the heart of the people living in Saigon is their nostalgia. They will think of their families in the distanced place as late evening is often the time for family to gather together.
9. Saigon fascinates me for the cafes of various styles. Each of them has its own way to draw the attention of the people by the decorations, the kind of music played, the style of reception and providing service and so on. The name of the cafes are also strange, interesting and emotional. If you wish to have special photos with unique background, you should save the list of the most interesting coffee shops in Saigon.
At these cafes, there are some drinks and cakes which are decorated in the very adorable and eye catching ways. It is a fact that during the time I lived far from Saigon, the thing that I always desired and dreamed about was to sit at a café in Saigon sibling a cup of hot milk coffee or smoothies while watching for other surrounding people and leaving my soul immersing into the romantic songs played at the café.
We, Far East Tour travel agency, boast of having circa 12 years of experience in operating tailor-made inbound tours for more than 50.000 customers from all over the world. With our excellent service and professional guides, we have provided numerous tours to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Myanmar. You can contact us at any time via