Route: Bac Ha – Can Cau – Si Ma Cai – Mào Sao Chai (Sin Cheng) – Phin Chu I – Phin Chu II (Nan Sin) – Su Pa Phin (Quan Than San) – Ta Van Chu (Bac Ha). This is can be a beguiling experience for Vietnam Adventure Tours. It will be the first route for the one who love trekking, climbing and primary natures of mountains and hill-tribes.
First stop: At 7.a.m, going along national highway 4D from Bac Ha to Can Chu Su village, Can Cau commune, Si Ma Cai district – Lao Cai, visitors will arrives at around 8.am. It is time for discovering unique typical culture of a highland market. Visitors here can enjoy fresh air, visit Saturday market (Can Cau) and traditional villages.
To discover nature and culture on romantic and great Northwest route, visitors move from Can Cau to Si Ma Cai district and continue going to Sing Cheng commune – a land has full of vitality of nature and human. The green maize fields cover vertical rock mountainsides, afar children are playing while herding goats, oxen.
In that colorful picture, there is resounded lyrical flute, songs of free birds, bleat of goats full up. Coming to Mao Sao Chai, Sin Cheng commune, you will enjoy a peaceful life, unyielding vitality of locals despite of many difficulties in their lives. Every Wednesday, people will be eager to go to Wednesday market happening bustling activities of trading local produce. Wednesday market is a diverse cultural space of ethnic minorities living in Si Ma Cai district, is famous by trading cattle: buffalo, cow, horse … of highland provinces in the North.
Pit stop: Leaving Mao Sao Chai, tourists continue going to Phin Chu I & II and Nan Sin commune. Visitors will have opportunity to enjoy some cups of green tea cooked from tea seed and explore H’Mong ethnic minority’s culture. Besides, visitors will be admires a winding river at mountain foot creating cooler and more comfortable airflow. Looking afar is ethereal and poetic terraced fields and houses. At that resting place, you’ll see children playing while herding goats, cow at the foot of mountain. There is also lyrical flute, song of freedom birds, noisy sound of cicadas rousing space.
The second stop is Su Pa Phin, Quan Than San commune: visitors coming here will be enjoyed fresh air, continued discovering unique culture of ethnic minorities. Tourist can bath with medicine herbs of black H’Mong people before going to sleep and enjoy cuisine such as steamed corn meal, bean soup, black chicken, Muong pig…
In evening, visitors will be immersed themselves in folk songs and allowed to stay overnight at the village. At Quan Than San, visitors have no need to worry when staying at Mr.Ly Xuan Lau’s house in Su Pa Phin village. His family now can supply accommodation for 10-30 people / day with an average cost of 70.000dong / person / day.
Leaving Su Pa Phin, visitors have two options:
- Going down to Bac Ha connecting with Pha Hai Tong village– Ta Van Chu commune – Po Cho (Lau Thi Ngai) – Bac Ha
- From Su Pa Phin going to Nhu Sang village (Ta Van Chu) –Ta Tho (Hoang Thu Pho) – Nam Gia (Coc Ly) – Trung Do (Bao Nhai) – Bac Ha.
Tourism products and services on route of Si Ma Cai:
Cheng Sin has most advantages (human and nature) in Si Ma Cai, based on overcoming the limitations of environmental protection, human resource training, Sin Cheng will be a destination attracting visitors, bringing profits to community in the future.
- Investing into traditional handicrafts that visitors want to experience: Making traditional products; weaving brocade, forging, making silver products, knitting …; Traditional musical accessory industry, harmonica, pan-pipe, flute …
- Forming and protecting brand of Sin Cheng agricultural produces: duck egg, poultry, cattle, vegetable, rice, medicinal herb. In which, craft products are focused on diverse designs, especially small, convenient and easily transportable souvenirs.
In particular, Mao Sao Chai people build a form of alcohol made from leaves and duck egg to serve travelers visiting Sin Cheng.
In Sin Cheng, there are many artisans still keeping rich folk knowledge (arts, crafts, medicines …), visitors can participate in learning traditional dances of H’Mong ethnic minority, traditional crafts, seeking medicine…
- Identifying food culture is an important tourism product. Paying attention to traditional recipes and cooking more modern dishes to serve different needs of guests.
- Medicine chicken (dark skin chicken) of Su Pa Phin village is delicious, safe and also a tonic for children having rickets and malnutrition or for women after giving birth and giving no breast milk.
Black H’Mong people here also have a kind of medicine used to bath for visitors to treat normal diseases such as fatigue, sunstroke, flu and skin diseases. Building some traditional crafts to serve tourists: Cooking alcohol; growing, processing medicinal herb and bathing with herbs.